Saturday, June 25, 2011

Michigan and Other News...

(Alicia Typing...)
As some of you may know...Dan and I had the privilege of traveling home to Michigan to see my sister, Angie, and her now-husband, Mike, get married.  It was awesome to see all of our family! 

Our New Family!  C'est Grande!

It was a whirl-wind of a week being back home.  I got to go to Chicago for my sister's bachelorette party and for some last minute packing while Dan went backpacking with his brothers, sister-in-law, and good friend.  

In Chicago
At Highland Lakes in the Huron National Forest
We also got to crash Sarah's (Dan's sister's) prom.  Our plane didn't quite make it in time to see Sarah before prom, so we went and visited her at prom instead.  Doesn't she look gorgeous?  



Some of my friends unexpectedly came to visit me the last Saturday before we left.  It was so great to visit with old friends and to hear the updates on their lives.  I can't believe how fast time flies and how grown-up we all are now.  

Speaking of time flying, Dan and I also celebrated our 6-month anniversary while we were back home.  Can you believe it?

We also were able to speak at Bridge Community Church while we were home and give them an update on what we have been up to in Gabon.  It was great to see all the support we have behind us.  Thanks for all the encouragement!  You guys are great :D.   

In other news...


For the record: it is not actually Mr. Clean that we are spraying on his toe.  It is some kind of  anti-septic that Bongolo Hospital makes...

I performed my first surgery...with the help of one of the missionary surgeons.  I removed Dan's ingrown toenail.  It was so GROSS but so AWESOME at the same time.   I was definitely surprised that Dan let me perform surgery on him.  That's love...right?



Lastly, we have a few new babies on the station.  This is baby Samuel.  His Dad, Jacque, is one of the PAACS residents here and his Mom, Dinah, is one of the nurses at Bongolo.  Aren't they a cute family?

That is all for now...stay tuned for more updates!
Alicia and Dan

1 comment:

  1. So glad we all had the chance to visit too! Great to see you guys, and so happy you are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete