Friday, February 4, 2011

Birthday

Written by Alicia:

Today was my Birthday!  It was really fun and interesting spending my birthday in Africa.  I missed having my friends and family around, but my new friends and family here helped me celebrate.  We had some fellow missionary friends come over (Alace and Sam Straw).  Leanne and Hannah are our roommates and fellow associates in Libreville.  They also helped me celebrate my dinner.  They helped cook taco salad dinner (one of my favorite meals).  Dinner was followed by a home-made cake made by my wonderful hubby J

Our time in Africa has been…very relaxing so far.  In fact we have already gone to the beach twice.  Dan got to help out some locals bring in a huge net from the sea.  It took about two hours of hard work, but they brought in a lot of fish!  Dan was really excited about it!

This past week we have  been working on learning French using Rosetta Stone.  We are officially beginning our French lessons on Monday with our Gabonese tutor.  It will be good to finally begin!  We cannot wait to start being able to communicate with the people here.

Peace and Love,
Dan and Alicia Lewan

2 comments:

  1. J'espere que vous avez un grande anniversaire! Je t'aime!!!

    (I hope I remembered enough french to get that right :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great talking with both of you yesterday! That would have been cool to see that net full of fish. That type of fishing is illegal here.

    ReplyDelete